Grief and Bereavement Resources
Welcome to the newest addition to our website. This specific page is a work in progress and we invite you to check back often to explore new resources as they are added.
Grief Support Facebook Page – HRC has its own grief support Facebook page. A resource easily accessed on social media, this page offers support and tips for those grieving a loss. Click here to access this Facebook page.
Weekly Virtual Grief Support Group – Christin Hunnicutt, MSW, HRC’s Grief Services Coordinator, hosts a weekly online support group on Wednesday nights from 7:00p – 8:00p. For more information, please click here, or you may reach Christin at email@example.com or (336) 427-9022.
NEW! Weekly In-person Grief Support Group – Christin Hunnicutt, MSW, and Courtney Calvert, M.Div., host a weekly in-person grief support group on Thursdays from 3:00p – 4:00p. For more information, please click here, or you may them at firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com or (336) 427-9022.
Want to Understand Your Grief? Video Library – our online video library explores many topics, including “what is grief?”; “hope for coping”; “care for your whole self”; and “being in and moving through mourning”
¿Quieres Entender tu Duelo? – Para acceder a nuestros videos en español, por favor haga clic aquí. Haga clic aquí para descargar e imprimir una lista de nuestros videos.
What’s Your Grief? This site “promotes grief education, exploration, and expression in both practical and creative ways.” (NOTE: While on-line grief support resources are utilized by many and can be helpful, please take a moment to read this brief but helpful cautionary article/blog post by the authors of the What’s Your Grief website. This article was published in the ADEC Connects newsletter)
“How To Get Through The Grief and Get On With Your Life” is an excerpt from an advice column that offers helpful information about grief.
Center for Loss & Life Transition
Children’s Video Library
Helpful articles and websites:
- Grief in Children from Children’s Health
- Helping Kids Grieve from Sesame Street in Communities
- Apoyo en la Aflicción de Sesame Street en las Comunidades
- Understanding Teen Grief: 7 Ways to Help a Grieving Teenager from Your Teen for Parents magazine
- The Dougy Center for Grieving Children & Families
- Children and Grief – published by Hospice Foundation of America
Resources available for purchase (links are to items on Amazon. HRC receives no compensation for these links):
- Put Your Worries Here: A Creative Journal for Teens with Anxiety
- The Grief Bubble: Helping Kids Explore and Understand Grief
- Grief: Insights and Tips for Teenagers